- Early Childhood Academy
- Student Life
- Parent Info
- Contact Us
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE OPTIONS:
Four types of Financial Assistance are available:
1. SATG Endowment: Aid is determined by committee, with a structured plan in place, based upon need on a case-by-case basis.
2. CARITAS Scholarship: Aid is determined by need by the Archdiocese of Chicago, on a case-by-case basis.
3. TAX CREDIT Scholarship: Aid is determined by need through a Scholarship Granting Organization (SGO). Please go to: https://schools.archchicago.org/tax-credit-scholarships for more detailed information.
FINANCIAL AID PROCEDURES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Parents of students receiving assistance are required to:
- pay all fees
- pay for mandatory fundraising
- be responsible for a portion of their child's tuition
- participate in some of the many volunteer opportunities in our St. Albert the Great community
Current families receiving financial aid must re-apply to receive financial aid each year, as an annual renewal is not automatic or guaranteed. As long as a family continues to demonstrate need, St. Albert the Great will continue to attempt to consider anyassistance possible.
All information is kept strictly confidential.
To be considered for ANY financial aid, you must complete the FACTS Tuition Aid Application that is located on the
FACTS website at: http://factsmgt.com/parent-resources/grant-and-aid/
* You must apply online through FACTS click here for more information
* All financial documentation should be submitted to FACTS
* Your current year tuition must be in good standing
* Your child must be registered for the next year you are applying
The SATG Endowment and CARITAS Financial Aid Applications must be completed by April 1st, 2019.
After April 1st, there is no guarantee that financial aid will be available.
Families will be notified of their Financial Aid package by May 31, 2019.
FOR THE TAX CREDIT Scholarship:
Please go to: https://schools.archchicago.org/tax-credit-scholarships for more detailed information.
All families will need to apply for tax credit scholarships through a Scholarship Granting Organization (SGO), which will manage this process, instead of the Archdiocese or your school directly. There are several SGOs in Illinois. The Archdiocese of Chicago is working with two SGOs: Empower Illinois and Big Shoulders Fund, BUT parents are encouraged to apply to as many as possible.
EMPOWER ILLINOIS: The application process opens on January 15th at 7pm please completed the application online at www.empowerillinois.org. Click here for Empower information ENGLISH and SPANISH
BIG SHOULDERS FUND: The application process opened on January 22, 2018 at 8am. Due to an overwhelming amount of applicants, the Big Shoulders Fund website is no longer taking applications until further notice. If the site reopens, applications with Big Shoulders Fund will be completed online at www.bigshouldersfundsgo.org. Click here for Big Shoulders Fund information ENGLISH and SPANISH
What families will need to apply (see flyer below for more detailed information):
2017 or 2018 tax return
Proof of residency (i.e. driver's license or state ID)
Birth certificate, federal/state ID or passport for student (if they are entering Kindergarten or 1st grade only)
If available, a letter of acceptance or enrollment at an eligible, participating, non-public school
For families needing more flexibility and consideration, there are a few ways that we work with our families:
FLEXIBILITY - The St. Albert the Great School Finance Committee works individually with all families to ensure that payments can be made and kept current. Each family has different needs and limitations. Our Finance Committee will assist you by offering flexibility in your payments. The Committee has set up flex payment scheduling through the FACTS Tuition Management system as well. When you sign up for FACTS online, you may indicate your flex payment schedule. If you need a more flexible schedule, please contact our Finance Committee at (708) 529-5506 or email at: email@example.com.